A letter from space.
I know we said we’d just wait until I came back to talk but I’ve decided to take more time and keep travelling to the next cluster. I’m going to be joining a research expedition heading for Triangulum and I don’t know when I’ll have a chance to write next.
I’m sorry how things ended. I know you had planned this trip to be our time to reconnect in the new year – I appreciate that, I really do. I had an amazing time with you on Vermillious as we spent all those days holding hands and laying on the red clay looking back at Centauri Bb. And I still think about our star-hopping adventures on Pollux. I don’t think I’ve ever laughed as hard as I did with you. I probably could’ve died happy right there and then.
Slowly though, further we got away from home, the more confused I became, and the lonelier I felt. I know that’s not something anyone wants to hear but I owe you the truth at the very least. I’d like to say that with a bit more time, I’ll be ready to come home and settle down like you always envisioned we would. Truth is, home doesn’t have the gravitational pull it once had for me and I’m not sure I’ll ever be back.
There is just so much to see and touch and smell and learn out here, and it’s just sparked something in me that I don’t ever want to turn off. I’m sorry that we couldn’t do this together. I understand that being out here isn’t for everyone and I’m sure you’d have been miserable, just to keep me happy. I will forever love you for that, and love you for your generosity of spirit and heart. But please, don’t put your life on hold for me. I want you to enjoy all the delights at home that I could never have loved in the same way.
Please give my love to all, and please take care of yourself. I know that might sound like a hollow sentiment but I mean it. I really do want the best for you.
Always and forever,
- Beulah – Matter vs. Space
- Bachelorette – Intergalactic Solitude
- The American Analog Set – Gone To Earth
- Beach House – Astronaut
- Mutual Benefit – Terraform
- Flying Lotus – Zodiac Shit
- Shlohmo – Antigravity (Fulgeance Remix)
- Thievery Corporation – The Cosmic Game
- Blue Sky Black Death – Carl Sagan
- The Notwist – Gravity
- Fridge – Comets
- Do Make Say Think – The Universe!
- Stacey Aoyama is a designer and illustrator at Disney whom I’m very fortunate to call a workmate and now, through ILMX, a friend. She’s lent her remarkable and fluid creative talents to various divisions within the Mouse House, including Interactive and currently Consumer Products.
- Despite the rigorous demands of the day job, Stacey also hones her art through The Drawing Club, the weekly gathering of professional working artists literally drawing upon stories and characters from real life. She’s also featured in the recently released Drawing Club book too!