A frontal boundary situated close to the heart will keep conditions unsettled, with intermittent floods of tears and embedded anxieties travelling up the corridor of time to present itself time and again.
We’re basking in the warm haze of the mid-afternoon light and life is good. I think. Sometimes I fool myself into imagining that these conditions can hold us together but not so much these days. Too many words have passed between us. Even with this beautiful amber glow bathing us, you can bet that I’m still wondering, how long will it stay this way?
Slightly below normal temperatures for this time of the year are expected later this week. Be prepared for unseasonal nighttime lows to cool the swelter of daytime highs.
How did that chill in the air come on so suddenly? I thought the sun was shining but it might as well be winter. Like those thin, wispy strands of cloud that hang above us. They’re deceptively pretty and delicate and you think that they hold only the finest of mists, but in reality, it’s because they’re made of ice crystals and that their hearts are already hardened by years of misery and loathing.
I wish that it would rain already. I want us to hash it out in the open and admit to ourselves that it’ll feel better after a good cry. I mean, isn’t the rain meant to wipe the slate clean? Maybe not this time. I can feel it brewing and I think this might be for good.
Isolated, severe thunderstorms are expected to affect portions of the home field this evening and continuing into morning. Scorn and damaging straight-line criticism will be the primary hazards.
Different scenarios still lead to the same complaint. I’m always surprised that the argument never gets old, and I don’t know how to counter it anymore. I’ve run out of ways to say the same thing.
So instead, I’m bracing myself for my own polar vortex. Conditions may be extreme enough I can call it that. It’s a whirlwind as tempers flare in the north, pointed looks roll in from the east and barely concealed sighs rise from the south.
Scattered to numerous showers will occur each afternoon over the peninsular and gradually exit along a weakening front near the coast. The low-lying fog will lift and a following high pressure will allow for dry conditions in the week ahead.
What happens next is anti-climatic for you and me both. I expected the worst, but only got the long, slow simmer that fizzles into nothingness. I guess our weakening resolve is telling us to just stay the course. If we say nothing, if we don’t engage, then there is no need to prepare for the floods. This doesn’t change anything but I guess we live to fight another day.
- The American Analog Set – Weather Report
- Sparklehorse – Don’t Take My Sunshine Away
- Susumu Yokota – Breeze (Ft. Nancy Elizabeth)
- Broadcast – Ominous Cloud
- Helios – A Rising Wind
- No Kids – Bluster In The Air
- Nosaj Thing – Fog
- Mayer Hawthorne – I Wish It Would Rain
- Bonobo – Cirrus
- Holy Ghost! – It Must Be The Weather
- Purity Ring – Obedear
- High Places – The Storm
- I am Robot and Proud – Storm Of The Century
- Craft Spells – The Fog Rose High
- Abbey Lossing is a freelance illustrator based in Celoron, NY. She attended Syracuse University where she majored in illustration.
- Her work is primarily digital, but she also enjoys various forms of printmaking. Her style integrates simple shapes, decorative details and an earthy color palette.
- When she is not in the studio you can find her traveling around the United States and rock climbing.